Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 2, 2013

Hey Mom and Dad

I love you lots!  You think you have rain, you should see it here.  We have rivers and lakes in the street.  You could easily go wake boarding in the street.  It was storming so hard here we have a really huge tree across the street from us and it was really firm in the ground and had cement around it.  In the morning I looked out the window and all I see is green, so I thought to myself this isn't normal.  I went and looked outside and the tree across the street had uprooted the cement and fallen across the street.  It was only like a foot away from hitting our house exactly where our heads were that night when it fell.  It was crazy and awesome.  It's been raining for 5 days straight, I think we got more rain in one day here than Arizona gets in a year.  The language is going ok, it's coming pretty slow but I'm trying to learn.  It's just really hard to understand the people here and to know what they are saying but it gets easier with time and I'll just keep working at it. I get called a gringo a lot but it's all right people don't say it to be mean.  I'm like the whitest person here and so everyone like automatically knows I'm from the U.S.   I am feeling great!  Today was the first time in 12 years that we could play soccer in the mission and it was so much fun.  It was a great way to relieve stress and I loved it.  On our P-day we  have a tradition of going to Little Caesars to eat which I think is really ironic.  You don't need to apologize for the conditions at all honestly they don't bother me.  I have a lot to be thankful for and this is all I need.  I'm really happy with it and I love it.  I have a bed, a fridge, a sink, a burner for a stove, a microwave, a place to study, a shower with cold water and a bathroom.  What more do I need here?  It's honestly really humbling and I've learned to appreciate what I have back home!  Especially a loving Mom and Dad like you guys. I write in my journal every night, I love recording my thoughts and feelings.  I think my longest entry so far is 5 pages.  This mission has been wonderful for me and I've really reflected on who I am and who I should be.  I've seen my priorities change and it's so awesome!  Before I never really wanted to read my scriptures but now I can't get enough of them!  My investigators are doing great.  The people here really take care of me so don't worry I'm in good hands.  The missionaries here too are amazing, I know without a doubt they are all here for me!  So many of them called me when I was sick and checked on me it was really nice.  Remember I love you and always will.

Love
Elder Cammack 

No comments:

Post a Comment