Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 30, 2014

Love you Dad

I love reading your titles for your letters, they are always so funny!  Mom told me about her arm, please take good care of her and of yourself too!  You both are always in my prayers.  This week was good.  We are battling a little with the members here to help us but it's slowly getting better!  I had an interesting experience this week.  We were talking to a contact and he invited a friend of his to come and talk to us.  This friend is from a church called The Light of the World.  From the moment he got out of his truck I knew things were going to be bad.  He wanted to talk and we decided to stay and talk with him.  I had talked with him once before and all he did was contend with us and that's why I didn't want to talk to him.  Needless to say, he did it again.  From the moment I started and asked if we could begin with a prayer he contended with us on everything and I got super mad at him and it was visible.  He kept saying we have no authority and that we aren't called by God and that really upset me.  I told him he was wrong and that I knew I was called by God.  All and all he only had his word against the evidence that we have and that evidence is the Book of Mormon.  In the end I realized something, I had to respond to him with love.  Before leaving I went up to him and asked him for forgiveness for getting upset and I gave him a hug.  Immediately his demeanor changed and his heart was softened and he asked for forgiveness as well and as I reached out to him with love I was able to leave him with a Book of Mormon and he accepted it.  That in itself was a miracle that he accepted the Book of Mormon.  I'm glad he did though.  The Book of Mormon can preach for itself and I have faith it will do just that for this wonderful man.  With all the baptisms I have had I have found them and been able to be with them to the end.  I'm almost positive Hugo will go on a mission, we are working with him on that now!  That day will definitely be really awesome!

Thanks for being the best Dad in the world!  I love you so much!  Take care of yourself and know that I love you!

Love
Elder Cammack

No comments:

Post a Comment