Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 16, 2014

My dear loving mother

I want you to know that our Heavenly Father loves us with a love we can't imagine and that will never change it will only increase and increase.  There has been times where I can't continue praying and I just enjoy the amazing feeling he gives me.  Sometimes we have to stop thinking and saying so much and just listen.  Don't forget that Heavenly Father can help lighten your burden if you feel overwhelmed.  My week was absolutely fantastic!  I'm not in a ward right now, I'm in a branch and yesterday we had 64 people attend church which is a lot for this area!  It is so cool.  We also had 6 investigators attend church!  I'm so happy!!!!  With a lot of help from the Lord we reactivated a member who hasn't gone to church for a lot of years because he was offended and he was a counselor in the district presidency (its like the stake presidency) and has served in a lot of other leadership positions.  He finally came to church with us and wants to help us with missionary work and we had a great experience!  Also I have a really cool thing to tell you!  Well a lot of cool things but you get the idea.  I don't know if I told you abut Jorge our investigator or not but I'll give you an overview of what has happened.  I contacted him one day on the way to another lesson and we ended up teaching him and he wanted to continue to learn.  The cool thing is, this wasn't the first time that I contacted him.  In my last area, my first area, I contacted him for the first time at a bus stop and we could only give him a pamphlet and a pass along card because his bus came and after that I didn't hear from him.  When I found him in Tempoal, I didn't recognize him until he reminded me of when we met in Tampico.  I passed by him and it came to my mind to contact him, so I did.  I just didn't know that I was recontacting him.  But he wants to meet like everyday and has had so many sacred experiences with revelation and he wants to be a missionary with all his heart!  The cool thing is that he will be on his mission at the same time as me!  His baptismal date is for the 15th of February and he knows this church is true without a doubt!  After we taught him about following the prophet and President Monson he read a talk by President Monson and prayed that night to know if he was a prophet and he told us something really awesome.  That night he had a dream.  He said that someone dressed in white appeared to him and he could tell that it was a really good person.  This person told him to never doubt the words of  President Monson and the things written in the Bible.  He received an answer to his prayers!  Also he has been really tempted with the word of wisdom but every time he refuses and flees the situation like Joseph of Egypt!  He has a very strong testimony and believes everything!  I'm so glad I found him.  My next transfer is in exactly one week on the 19th but I don't think I will change.  It's more likely that I will be training this next change!  I'm really blessed to be in this family.  I love you with all my heart!  Thanks for all you do Mom.  Keep being awesome and a fantastic mom.  Love ya tons and tons!

Love forever and forever
Elder Cammack

No comments:

Post a Comment