Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 28, 2013

My fantastically awesome Mom!

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great week.  Sorry my email is a bit late.  I GOT CHANGED TO A NEW AREA!  I'm in a zone called the Huasteca.  It's where all the jungle and wilderness is.  My area is called Tempoal.  It's really cool here.  We are the only 2 missionaries here in the entire city.  The city is really small but our apartment is huge.  We have a really good clima, clima is air conditioning.  My new companion is Elder Andrade and he is the district leader for my district.  He is super cool.  He worked in the mission offices when I first got to Mexico and I met him my first day in the field.  We are going to rock this city!!!!  My week was really good!  We had a goal to have 60 street contacts and we got 50, so it was close.  We had a really cool experience with a taxi driver.  We were walking and I heard honking and normally when I hear honking I don't think anything of it because all the taxis are honking to find people who want rides.  After the second honk I looked back and a taxi driver was motioning for us to come over to him so we did and he rolled down the window and said, you have a really good book called the Book of Mormon.  As soon as he said that I whipped out the spare Book of Mormon I had and gave it to him.  He told us how he really liked our church because of the teachings we have for the  youth and our standards and how we were good people and we asked him if he would like to have the missionaries over but he said he wanted to read the Book of Mormon first and then he would decide.  So we left him with our number to call us when he is ready.  He is from the state of Vera Cruz and that is the state I'm in now!  I hope I get to find him!  It was really hard to leave all my friends in the ward in my first area.  I had a lot of them and they were all sad to see me leave and I was sad to go.  I have a good feeling about this area and I'm going to work hard!  I have been truly blessed.  I feel a lot different than before kind of like I'm developing a new perspective and I'm learning so much.  Wow this is Kamerons last change before he comes home.  I really love and miss you too!  Thank you for all you do mom.  You are the greatest mom in the world!  I love you.

Love you for eternity!
Elder Cammack

No comments:

Post a Comment