Sunday, December 1, 2013

November 25, 2013

I love you Mom!!!  We took videos of us removing the rat from our house.  It took us 20 minutes.  We trapped it in a room for a few days without food or water.  So after a bit we stopped hearing noises from it.  So one night we decided to open the door and see what had happened.  We have a video of the whole thing.  So we went into the room and as soon as we opened the door I wanted to die because it smelled TERRIBLE!!!  We looked around for a bit and my companion found the rat dead under some blankets so then came the fun part, getting rid of the dead rat.  That was my job.  I used a broom to move it out of the room and I put some bags on my hands and picked up the rat and put it in another bag and then we took it and dumped it in a field.  It was really nasty but I have a video with the rat. 

My week was good.  Thank you for all your prayers!  It does help, thanks!!  Here is cold.  I never thought it would be so cold in this mission.  The water here is seriously like ice.  During the night I heat water in a pan on a little single burner we have to use to take a shower.  That's what we have to do if we want hot water. 

I really miss helping you and Dad.  I'm really thankful to have you as a mother and such a awesome close friend!!!  It's so crazy to think that next month, one day after Christmas I'm going to complete 6 months in my mission.  Wow time flies.  Thank you for your  wonderful example to me.  I'm so grateful I have you.  There is so much I need to do better.  Reflecting on who I am I think I have a lot I need to improve.  I can't wait to experience my first Christmas here!!  I love you with all my heart.

Love you bestest and for eternity
Elder Joann (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment