Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

Hey Dad!

Love you!  We had 6 new investigators this week!  Also we had a really cool experience!  We were heading to a less active members home one night and the weather wasn't too good.  We passed by some ladies that were outside their house shoveling a mountain of dirt for their front yard.  There wasn't anyone helping them.  At first we passed by them because we were in a hurry, but the thought came to my mind to go back and ask them if we could help them so I did!  One lady who was shoveling had a look of relief on her face and I knew I did the right thing.  We were there for an hour and a half helping them before it started to rain and luckily we finished it all before the rain hit.  Within like five minutes of us starting to help they started asking us about the church and told us they wanted to go sometime.  Service is great!  They invited us for some bread and milk and we talked with them a little and they are interested in hearing more!  It was a really great experience!  I am learning about obedience and I can really see the effects of it!  Sometimes it's hard to focus on the people but I do for the most part.  Thank you for your prayers!  Keeping the rules is really hard but it is worth it.  I've found that as I keep them it gets easier and easier to keep them.  I want to be the Lords missionary and that kind of missionary would obey no matter what and so that's what I'm going to do!  Thanks for your counsel!  No I didn't get transferred.  My companion and I are still here.  There is a possibility that in 3 weeks a new area will open up here in Tempoal and we will get divided but we'll see what happens.  It's a little funny to think that I'll have a fourth of my mission in my second area.  At the end of this change I'll have been here for 6 months in this area.  Yep the shoes fit fine, thanks for sending them!  Let me know how serving in the Gilbert temple goes.  Love you lots Dad!  Thanks for everything you do!  Love you!!!!

Love
Elder Cammack

ps  I was a little unhappy and I don't understand why I'm still here but I made a commitment not to worry about it and just work and serve and forget myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment