Friday, February 21, 2014

February 17, 2014

My extremely sweet mother who is very funny!

Know one could probably say it more than you that you love your missionary!  The baptism was fantastic!!!  One of the sisters who was going to speak couldn't come so I got to speak in her place and man was the spirit strong!  I felt like it was the strongest part of the baptism!  It was so cool and I know everyone in there was feeling the spirit really strong!  My companion told me after that it was really good!  Everyone that I have talked to since I began in the MTC has told me that I speak Spanish really well.  My companion says I have better pronunciation than the other Americans he's seen.  He also told me I have an accent from Spain!  My companion told me that when he fist met me he thought I had a lot more time in the mission because of how well I speak Spanish and he was really surprised when he found out I only have a little.  All the members have told me that I speak really well too!!  I'm really happy for this, to know that Heavenly Father is helping me because there is no way I can talk like this on my own.  I've also seen parts of my patriarchal blessing come true out here.  Well the part about where it says that my friends will come to me for counsel and that I should give them good counsel.  My companion has a lot of trust in me and he has come to me for counsel a lot of times.  He also told me the other day that I give him really good counsel and help him to see things in a new way and with a different point of view!  I thought this was way cool.  I did feel really good with the baptism that it was someone that I started working with and got to see it through to the end! 

On the 26th of February I will have been out 8 months.  We have a general authority coming here!  His name is President Johnson from the first quorum of the seventy!  I'm super excited to get to meet him.  It's just going to be him meeting with our zone here!  The Branch members are treating me really well.  They all love me!!!  They are all super cool.  We all get along really well.  I'm going to take a lot of pictures with them so you can see.  On Sundays I get to pass the Sacrament or bless the Sacrament a lot because there are not a lot of priesthood.  It's a little bit different in Spanish but I still try to put all my feeling into it and make it special.  Most priesthood holders here just say it at record speeds. 

One of my fears is that I'm not worthy enough or humble enough or obedient enough to receive the blessings talked about in my patriarchal blessing.  My fear is that because I've made mistakes, that maybe it might take away all those blessings and promises... I see so many things I need to do better and it worries me that I'm becoming worse and not better.  I want to be worthy of those blessings and be humble and obedient enough to receive them.  Really my only desire in this life is to follow Heavenly Father and the Savior and do what they want.   I always feel so good when I obey and am doing what's right.  Disobeying and not following Heavenly Father isn't  worth it.  I feel terrible and it's just not good.  I love the feeling of pleasing Heavenly Father and it hurts me when I let him down.  I love you lots and lots and lots!!!!!

Love you for eternity and beyond!
Your Elder son Cammack

p.s. Oh thought I should let you know too that I did the confirmation for the sister that was baptized!!!  It was my first one and it was in Spanish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment