Sunday, April 19, 2015

March 30, 2015

Happy happy Monday Mother!

I love you and miss you lots!  You are a great Mom and the best!  I'm glad Dad was able to get my school stuff sent to BYU.  Thank you so much.  You have a real gift in your sewing, keep it up.  Your sewing is so cool.  What you can do for an object lesson at Bryce's baptism is take a blind fold and tie it around his eyes.  Tell him to try and get to a certain point in the room or find a certain object without helping him.  Then what you can do is do it again but this time take him by the hand and guide him to the point he needs to get to.  Then you can relate this to the Holy Ghost by explaining how He acts as a guide for us to help us get to Heavenly Father when we can't see the way.  He can also help us avoid obstacles that we can't always see.  You will give a great talk Mom. 

My week was really good.  We had some great experiences!  On Sunday we had 2 spiritual experiences.  First we went to teach a less active and we found she was passing through a really hard trial and she doesn't feel like she qualifies for forgiveness but we taught her about the atonement and repentance and the sacrament and it was very powerful.  She thanked us afterwards for having come.  Then later that night we went and taught a member family and during the lesson I felt impressed to teach them about an effective way to set goals and plans and a vision of what we want to become that President Jordan had showed us.  At the end of the lesson the Grandma of the family was crying and she thanked us so much for having shared that with her because for the last few days she had been praying really hard to Heavenly Father to help her out of depression she was in and to find a way to get more active and doing things in general and she told us that this was the answer to her prayers.  It really meant a lot to me because we had no idea and I wasn't even sure if the lesson would turn out good but it did.  I realized even more just how well Heavenly Father knows his children and what they need.  He does answer prayers.  I know you want me to fly to Germany but let me fly home first.  Being on a mission has done miracles for me but it hasn't taken away my fear of airplanes.  Craig is in my prayers.  I know all will be well.  We need to share the gospel with everyone.  Sister Jordan is great.  I helped her pack her things in the mission home on Friday because they are also leaving in June.  I'm their last generation to send home.  No I haven't gotten any packages yet but I will no worries.  Thanks so much Mom.  I love you more than all the pass a long cards that I will give out this week!  I love you lots!

Love
Elder Cammack

No comments:

Post a Comment