Monday, March 2, 2015


January 12, 2015

Hola mama!

le amo bastante!  mi semana fue muy bien y tuvimos mucho exito y muchas experiencias!  Love you Mom!:D  You are loved and missed by your son too haha!  I'm glad your flight was well and you and Dad are safe.  Don't worry your body will adjust and you'll be back to normal before long!  I don't even recognize Kellston, he is so big.  They are one smart and talented family!  My week went really good!  We had a lot of success!  One thing we are really focusing on here is working more with the members to hasten the work of salvation and it yields results!  We have received a lot of inspiration and a lot of results!  My companion and I were thinking about how we as missionaries go to visit members and most of the time we just ask them to give us names of their friends and people they know but we never help them to be self sufficient in missionary work.  So what we did is we developed a plan to help the members be more self sufficient in missionary work so they can see more of their friends and aquaintances be baptized.  This plan has a few different part.  Each Sunday we have a mini training meeting with all the members from our area and we work with them and teach them how to be more effective teachers of the gospel and how they can share it with their friends.  We also share our goals with them and program our appointments with them so they can go with us and they are so willing!  They are really excited and have been talking to people about the gospel!  It is a much more effective way to receive references!  We also have established a mission plan with each member family and they are doing it!  To each family we have given a calendar of the month and for each day it has a space where they can mark if they have read and prayed as a family and on Sunday there is a space to mark if they went to church.  There is also a space to mark if they have family night as well.  Each day has a space to mark if they talked to someone new about the gospel.  So the calendar helps them to focus on their needs and share the gospel.  It's working and people love it!  The listening is the hardest.  More than anything it takes a lot of courage to fulfill my part but I try.  My investigators are good!  No one came to church last week but it's ok because we had a lot of success with the members and I know that before long the investigators will get better and better!  Yes I do play the piano sometimes.  I have played various times in sacrament meeting haha.  Your welcome Mom and thank you to all of you!  You and everyone else have been huge examples to me too and it has helped so much!  You all are in my prayers as well!  Be sure to rest up!  I've been good.  It's cold here, we get 30 and below but it's nice!  I would love to go to Meg's but I just have to get up the courage to get on a plane for 12 hours.  This week we have a round table with President and that should be fun!  On P-day we just get ready for the week.  We clean (yes Mom I clean the house and I think you would be pretty proud of the job I do) and run errands and stuff like that.  Love you more than all the mud I have seen in the mission haha.

Love
Elder Cammack

No comments:

Post a Comment